Welcome to the Wolf Museum of Music and Art
A short walk from downtown Lancaster brings you to the Wolf Museum of Music and Art at the corner of West Chestnut Street and Lancaster Avenue. This beautiful Victorian house was both home and studio to Dr. William A. Wolf and his wife Frances, who instructed generations of Lancastrians in piano technique and theory. The Queen Anne style house dates from 1890 and is full of interesting art and antiques.
Two completely refurbished 1915 Knabe concert grand pianos are situated in the salon where public recitals are held on various occasions throughout the year.
In addition to the pianos, the adjacent Walnut room contains an extensive library entailing a broad selection of musical topics covering the history and development of western classical music.
Further, the walls throughout the museum are graced with several paintings by early twentieth century women artists who were known as “The Philadelphia Ten.”
Recital November 1, 2015
A free piano recital is scheduled for Sunday, November 1st at 3pm.